Mizuno is a company passionate about sports – helping customers find their inspiration for 100 years and counting. When they approached Convert Digital regarding a new website, they were seeking an online customer experience that was synonymous with the well-renowned, sought-after Mizuno brand name.
• Website Design & Development
• Re-platform from WooCommerce/Wordpress to Shopify, followed by an upgrade to Shopify Plus
• Maintenance of existing organic search authority and visibility with a structured migration plan with Calibre Nine
Convert Digital’s task was to deliver a full re-platform from WooCommerce/Wordpress to Shopify (followed by an upgrade to Shopify Plus), geared towards numerous improvements and features, including:
• Streamlining of content heavy pages/marketing information
• Adding golf and baseball as product offerings (which were previously only offered in the US/UK)
• Filter-by-sport for stockist locator
• Adding the functionality to book a golf club fitting in Australia (using Timely)
• Inclusion of dynamic, visual brand content on each product page, i.e. running specifications
• Advanced product filter by running technology, price, sport and more
Specialist SEO Agency, Calibre Nine, were also engaged to drive the content migration process – including a technical SEO audit to flag issues affecting site rankings and a full competitor keyword analysis. Through a holistic, strategic approach, Calibre Nine mapped out and redirected 600 pages – managing to both maintain Mizuno’s traffic post-migration, while also driving a significant increase in organic traffic.
The resulting web experience is visually sharp, fully optimised for a streamlined user experience that is tantamount to the Mizuno brand. This also created a solid foundation for the launch of an SEO campaign to drive organic visibility for generic keywords and branded search helping to exponentially increase traffic and revenue.
Increase in users
Increase in sessions
Increased organic keyword visibility