Benefits of headless
The reality is that there is no out-of-the-box solution that can truly offer all of the applications and functions needed to deliver the exact eCommerce experience a merchant might require. One of the key benefits of going headless is the flexibility offered through stepping away from one-size-fits-all solutions from a single vendor, to many independently maintained systems by individual vendors that are all integrated together via APIs.
How to Know if You’re Ready to Go Headless
Transitioning to headless commerce will demand a lot of digital skill and adaptability from your organisation. Processes will change, requirements will change and even your entire technical stack might change. So before doing so, it is important to have a dialogue internally about what requirements you may have in the future. Below are some key questions you need to consider to get you started…
• Is your company considering omni-channel?
• Does your website require complex interactions and experiences?
• Do your content and publishing requirements exceed what traditional ecommerce platforms can cater for?
• Is speed currently affecting your current website?
• Do you have the right technical team or partner to guide you through going headless?
If you need a hand, the Convert Digital team has an extensive discovery process where we work with merchants to determine whether headless is the right solution for them.